WELCOME TO THE 2013 JUST EFFING ENTERTAIN ME SCREENWRITING COMPETITION!
Every year we set ourselves apart by offering prizes that set YOU apart!
Now in its 6th year, The Just Effing Entertain Me Screenwriting Competition’s grand prize winners get flown to Los Angeles, where they receive three nights free accommodation, spending money, a whirlwind of industry meetings, connections and read requests AND lunch with an A-list writer.
Winning is only the beginning! Unexpected extra prizes and introductions are what we are all about – because that’s how we roll.
That’s why our tag line is Live the Dream. Because you really will have a Hollywood experience like none other. One that might just open some doors for you. This year that lucky person could be YOU.
Congratulations to our 2012 Grand Prize Winner, Matthew Morgan!
Less than 6 weeks after his JFEME win, Matt secured representation at ICM!
Read Matt’s blog post and get an idea of what winning is really like!
But don’t just take Matt’s word for it, check out what our previous winners have been up to since they won.
- Lunch with an A-list Hollywood screenwriter
- One round trip ticket to Los Angeles
- 3 nights accommodation
- Minimum 3 industry reads by agents, managers and producers
- $1,000 in cash
- Lunch with an A-list screenwriter
Previous A-listers have included:
- David Arata (Children of Men, Brokedown Palace)
- Tom Benedek (Cocoon)
- Shane Black (Lethal Weapon, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Last Action Hero and the upcoming Iron Man 3)
- Jeffrey Bushell (Beverly Hills Chihuahua, The Bernie Mac Show)
- Steve Faber (The Wedding Crashers, We’re the Millers, Married With Children)
- Dan McGrath (The Simpsons, King of the Hill, SNL)
- Chris Sparling (Buried, upcoming M. Night Shyamalan project)
- Stephen Susco (The Grudge, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D)
- Sheldon Turner (Up in the Air, X-Men: First Class)
- Best Horror/Thriller
- Best Comedy
- Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy
- Best Drama
- Best Leading Role for a Woman
One winner in each category above wins:
- $250 in cash
- A 30 minute career consult with Julie Gray
- $150 Amazon gift certificate
2013 Deadlines and Entry Fees
Early Bird: February 15th to April 15th, 2013 ($45)
Regular Deadline: by June 1st, 2013 ($50)
Final Deadline: by June 15th, 2013 ($60)
Extended Procrastinator Deadline: by July 1st, 2013 ($70)
Please Note: All deadlines are as of 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time
Quarterfinalists: August 20th, 2013
Semi-finalists: September 30th, 2013
Finalists: October 15th, 2013
Grand Prize: October 25th, 2013